Thursday, May 8, 2014

Whats for Lunch: Bacon and Guacamole Bites...

http://m.runnersworld.com/recipes/snack-guacamole-topped-bacon-bites
What did I do today...Check it out, yummy!!!

A little while ago I saw this great recipe for guacamole topped bacon bites on PInterest and decided to have a go at it for lunch today. But thought I might spice it up a bit and add my own twist by mixing two recipes I loved on sight. It was such a teeny tiny tweak, but absolutely delicious. 

What was the twist. I amalgamated two recipes to make these little bacon bits even more tasty.

Over at Will Cook for Smiles I found another great quick recipe for over baked maple bacon

Get where I am going with this yet?

So I combined the two recipes so instead of regular oven baked bacon I did the maple bacon.  

Now of course, being a little bit of a doofus at times, I thought I would make my guacamole more like a salsa rather than mashing it, to give it a more chunky feel. Well, Duh, eating that was a disaster, I could have predicted it if my mind was functioning on all cylinders, but the first bite ended up all over my shirt. Got love learning from you mistakes. So it all went back in the bowl and I did a little gentle mashing and followed the recipe properly, the next round was just right.  

My only addition to these two recipes would be not to drain your bacon on paper towel as suggested in the first recipe, the addition of the maple syrup makes it tacky and it WILL stick to the towel. I would drain your bacon on a rack. 

It doesn't get much better than this. I was going to include some pictures of my finished product, unfortunately they didn't last long enough for me to take a photo!

I love this so much I thought next time I am going to try a different filling to share with my family, as neither my husband or daughter like avocado, I thought I could try a cream cheese filling. 

Any suggestions, if you have a great cream cheese filling recipe that would work let me know or add your recipe link in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment